Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chores

I don't think that chores and particularly fun for anyone. I have set up a pretty good system to get all the chores done in our home every week. I won't get into it now. If anyone wants to here it I will tell you later. I also made a chore chart for my girls so they can learn that chores are something that should be done everyday so that you aren't overwhelmed with all the chores at once. It seems that everyday it is a battle with Lydia to clean her room. She is happy to do all the things on her chore chart, but cleaning her room is her challenge. The other day she sat in her room for two hours NOT cleaning. Today she cried in her room "I don't want to clean my room!". I have to bribe her with ice cream. I am sure all kids do this, but I just can't take it anymore. When I ask Lydia to clean her room I just want her to say "Yes, Mom!', and then do it in a reasonable amount of time. I know I have really unacceptable expectations, but maybe it could happen just once.

No comments:

Post a Comment